Set in a futuristic Middlesborough, UK, players seems to compete in defined arenas, with a live radio commentator.
Using a few different weapons, players must find the three keycards that will allow them to enter the next arena.
But at the same time killing as many enemies as possible. In addition, there are extra points to be had for getting those enemies through the large red hoops.
“For our final year university project we were put into groups and asked to design a game on an engine of our own choosing. My team created a mod called Capital Punishment using the source engine for Half Life 2.
The aim of the mod was to use weapons such as bats to propel enemies through large hoops scattered about the environments, gaining them points for every successful hit.
I created the two levels for the mod, both of which were loosely based on areas of Middlesbrough where I attended university. I also created some of the models for the mod and oversaw a large portion of the design.”
This was originally released as an executable, with a patch. I have created a “Folder” version for here.
The mod will display 4 main arenas, but only 2 are included in the mod.
- Title: Capital Punishment
- File Name: hl2-sp-capital-punishment.7z
- Size : 86.13MB
- Author: Paul Haynes
- Date Released: 01 December 2007
- Copy the Capital Punishment folder into your SourceMods folder.
- Restart or start Steam.
- Capital Punishment should now be listed in your Library tab.
If you require more help, please visit the How To.. page.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
5Last 7 days
19Last 30 days
17th March 2013
- Why not follow these comments via RSS?
- Get your own GRAvatar.
- Don't forget that Feedback should be honest, fair AND useful.
- Please read the Comments Guide if you are new to commenting.