You play the role of one of thousands of citizens who gave their lives on the day of the 7 hour war, the day the Combine brought the world to its knees in a mere 7 hours. Each hour from this historic tale will be available in Chapter format. Chapter 1 is available for download, Chapters 2-7 will be released when they are completed. My focus for Chapter 2 will be to tell the backstory with choreographed scenes made in Faceposer, so there will be no gameplay in Chapter 2. I will be looking for voice actors to lend me a hand in the audio department within the coming months.
“My goal for this project was to create a fun, challenging full length single player episode based inside of the Half-Life universe. Highlights from this episode include diverse, challenging, and creative scripted combat sequences, intuitive puzzles, realistic architecture, HDR lighting, and a climatic musical score. Strategic areaportal, hint/skip, and occluder placement allow for this episode to run smoothly on any machine that meets HL2ís minimum system requirements. In terms of artistic direction my aim was to stay true to the style that Half-Life has come to be known for, while still maintaining a degree of originality. Specific colour palettes have been used to seperate areas and to help instill a sense of mood in the environment.”
- Title: Lake 17: Inland Beach – Chapter 01
- File Name: hl2-ep1-sp-lake-17-inland-beach-chapter-01.rar
- Size : 9.69Mb
- Author: Eric James Harden
- Date Released: 01 July 2008
- Related: Interlopers Forum Thread
Linking directly to the PlanetPhillip Direct Download will not work, please link to this page. Thank you.
- Copy L17.bsp into your C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\YourUserName\half-life 2 episode one\episodic\maps folder.
- Copy l17.cache into your C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\YourUserName\half-life 2 episode one\episodic\maps\soundcache folder.
- Copy the correction folder into your C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\YourUserName\half-life 2 episode one\episodic\materials folder. (If youi don’t have a material folder, just create one.)
- Launch Half-Life 2: Episode One
- Open the console and type map L17.
- Press enter/return or click the Submit button.
- Play and Enjoy.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots may contain spoilers.
Please note: These statistics are valid from December 2010
3Last 7 days
12Last 30 days
5th July 2008
- Why not follow these comments via RSS?
- Get your own GRAvatar.
- Don't forget that Feedback should be honest, fair AND useful.
- Please read the Comments Guide if you are new to commenting.