“Three years ago, my newly founded work associates and I started work on a portal experiment that went horribly wrong, due to “unforeseen circumstances”. Between our world and Xen, a horrifically violent alien world, a large rift in the fabric of space and time was formed. This allowed all manner of violent species to come, uninterrupted, through the portal and vanquish the Earth. They caused the apocalypse as we now know it.”
“From this new, unstoppable threat, humans split and formed factions deep underground in military, storage and research bases. Competition was fierce and grudges easily made, we carried on fighting for two years, through the system of railways that linked the bases, while the aliens controlled the surface.”
“My group, once a large faction had been pushed back, subdued and generally battered by the likes of the military and other groups. Three months ago, we took control of a small storage facility base, containing useful supplies and a test centre for explosive material. It was a mighty victory, compared to our recent luck. However, we could not keep it protected enough to keep it secure, and today, we lost all contact after a frantic message describing aliens and military personnel taking control of the base. It is my mission to blow these bastards away…”
- Title: Optimum Fear
- File Name: hl1-sp-optimum-fear.7z
- Original File Name: optimum-fear.zip
- Size : 376.20kB
- Author: David Marsh
- Date Released: 05 March 1999
You MUST have MapTap installed before using this link.
- Copy opfear1.bsp, opfear2.bsp, opfear3.bsp, opfear4.bsp into your Half-Life 1 Maps folder.
- Launch Half-Life 1
- Open the console and type map opfear1.
- Press enter/return or click the Submit button.
- Play and Enjoy.
If you require more help, please visit the Help page.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
2Last 7 days
5Last 30 days
4th June 2011
- Why not follow these comments via RSS?
- Get your own GRAvatar.
- Don't forget that Feedback should be honest, fair AND useful.
- Please read the Comments Guide if you are new to commenting.