A playable map that is part of Robert Gee‘s thesis project enbtitled The Right Way is the Wrong Way: Dead-End Theory in Level Design, which explores dead ends in games. I briefly referenced the work in another of Roberty’s levels called Dead-end Freeman: Reload.
“My thesis project, completed at the Guildhall at SMU, examined the application and use of dead-ends for practical level design. Additionally it looked at several reward systems associated with dead-end areas and the effectiveness at different level design techniques to lead players into certain areas. This thesis includes a test level created using the Hammer editor in Half-Life 2: Episode 2. The choice of this editor was due primarily to its frequent use in other non-related projects and the large amount of online and offline support provided for troubleshooting.”
- Title: Robert Gee Thesis Playable
- File Name: hl2-ep2-sp-rg-mt.7z
- Size : 657kB
- Author: Robert Gee
- Date Released: 03 June 2008
You MUST have MapTap installed before using this link.
- Copy Gee_MIT_Final.bsp into your Half-Life 2:Episode Two Maps folder.
Example: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps
- Launch Half-Life 2: Episode Two
- Open the console and type map Gee_MIT_Final.
- Press enter/return or click the Submit button.
- Play and Enjoy.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots may contain spoilers.
Please note: These statistics are valid from December 2010
1Last 7 days
1Last 30 days
26th August 2008
- Why not follow these comments via RSS?
- Get your own GRAvatar.
- Don't forget that Feedback should be honest, fair AND useful.
- Please read the Comments Guide if you are new to commenting.