To: Gordon Freeman
Subject: Mission 1
From: G-Man, United States Government
“Hope you are enjoying your short rest, Mr Freeman. I trust the new apartment is to your liking. Please do not try to escape again, we are watching you.
We have received information that a squad of maverick soldiers at a military base near your previous place of employment has a small number of Xen specimens’ capture and are planning to go public with them, we cannot allow this to happen.
As you have proved yourself such an effective ‘pest controller’ in the past we have decided to use this as an opportunity for your first mission with us.
Your task is quite simple, we will drop you off close to the edge of the base compound and you are to locate a HEV suit and suitable weapons and make your way to the research labs which are situated in a large observation tower by a water storage system. Only military personnel have access to this tower, if you see any military entering a security door, do not kill them until you have gained access.
The outer areas of the base are heavily defended by troops and sentry guns; there is also a rumour of some sort of disease which is killing both research staff and soldiers. After finding the labs and destroying all Xen life forms and personnel you must make your way to the helipad at the top of the tower where the screen will fade to black in that annoying way.
- Title: The Hill
- File Name: hl1-sp-the-hill.7z
- Original File Name: thehill.zip
- Size : 932.08kB
- Author: Ben Cousins
- Date Released: 23 May 1999
You MUST have MapTap installed before using this link.
- Copy thehill.bsp, thesequel.bsp, thetower.bsp and thetower2.bsp into your Half-Life 1 Maps folder.
- Launch Half-Life 1
- Open the console and type map thehill.
- Press enter/return or click the Submit button.
- Play and Enjoy.
If you require more help, please visit the Help page.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots contain spoilers.
2Last 7 days
11Last 30 days
22nd June 2011
- Why not follow these comments via RSS?
- Get your own GRAvatar.
- Don't forget that Feedback should be honest, fair AND useful.
- Please read the Comments Guide if you are new to commenting.