” For this assignment, I was tasked with creating a level using an “out of the box” idea. With that in mind, I created a level where the player is made to feel as though the game were being played from the point of view of Lamarr, the headcrab. Being a headcrab (and a de-toothed one, at that), the player has no direct means of combat and must rely on the environment and some deception to prevail.
The player begins in Dr. Kleiner’s lab just before taking a routine trip to Black Mesa via teleporter. However, Lamarr is once again playing near the teleporter and falls onto the device just as it starts up. Not only does the player get to begin a new life as a headcrab, the teleporter error manages to re-materialize Gordon/Lamarr inside a Nova Prospekt bathroom.”So, the plan is real simple, Gordon. You and Crazy will charge in, grab some guns, and let us out of the cells. Once we’re out, well…we’ll figure it out from there. Talk to Crazy when you’re ready, he’s probably watching the zombies again. Good luck…we’re counting on you.”
- Title: The Lamarr Incident
- File Name: hl2-ep2-sp-the-lamarr-incident.7z
- Size : 971kB
- Author: Charles Butler
- Date Released: 29 October 2008
You MUST have MapTap installed before using this link.
- Copy TheLamarrIncident.bsp into your Half-Life 2: Episode Two Maps folder.
- Launch Half-Life 2: Episode Two
- Open the console and type map TheLamarrIncident.
- Press enter/return or click the Submit button.
- Play and Enjoy.
Click on the thumbnails below to open a 1024 pixel wide image.
WARNING: The screenshots may contain spoilers.
Please note: These statistics are valid from December 2010
0Last 7 days
4Last 30 days
15th December 2008
- Why not follow these comments via RSS?
- Get your own GRAvatar.
- Don't forget that Feedback should be honest, fair AND useful.
- Please read the Comments Guide if you are new to commenting.